Flight forced to return to Bristol Airport due to medical emergency
- Credit: BBC LDRS
A flight to Malaga has been forced to return to Bristol Airport after a passenger suffered a medical emergency.
Ryanair flight FR8121 had almost reached the French coast when the pilot made the decision to turn the plane around.
Bristol Airport has confirmed the plane landed safely and a medical team is currently onboard.
The condition of the passenger is not known at this time.
A spokesman from Ryan Air said: “This flight from Bristol to Malaga returned to Bristol Airport shortly after take-off after a passenger became ill inflight.
You may also want to watch:
“In line with procedures, the crew contacted ATC, the aircraft landed normally, and the passenger was met by medical personnel.
“The aircraft will depart to Malaga later today.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple