Meet the mannequin in the telephone box
- Credit: Archant
A MANNEQUIN dressed up in an assortment of costumes has made an unusual garden feature in Weston and caused a stir on social media.
His name is Cecil, and he was put into a telephone box in a front garden in Locking Road by Jayne Corrigan and her partner Martin Townley.
Jayne, who works as a magician, said: “I have always wanted a phone box because it’s a bit quirky.
“I had originally planned to put it into a magic trick, but it was complicated to get the electricity in.”
Instead, Cecil was moved into his new home, protected by CCTV, and dressed up in Batman and Buzz Lightyear costumes and has even worn a mankini.
You may also want to watch:
Jayne said: “When I first put him out, all sorts of people stopped and laughed and took pictures of him and people look at him from their cars when they’re in traffic.
“I hope he brightens people’s days.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 3 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
Cecil now has his own dedicated Facebook page called Cecil The Dude In The Phonebox, which has attracted nearly 500 fans.
Jayne is accepting donations of costumes, and can be contacted via the Facebook page.