Weston hospital café to support people with dementia
- Credit: Archant
A memory café has opened up at Weston General Hospital to support people with dementia.
Lillian's Memory Café has been launched by the dementia and geriatric emergency medicine service (GEMS) teams at Weston Area Health Trust.
Representatives from the Alzheimer's Society will be at the café, alongside volunteers, who have been specially trained as dementia friends.
Visitors will be encouraged to reminisce about their loves, make connections with new friends and express themselves.
Emma-Louise Woods, from GEMS said: "People with dementia and their carers can feel very lonely and isolated.
You may also want to watch:
"We're a small friendly group ready to help and support with whatever it is people need - whether that's practical advice or a cup of tea and a friendly chat."
The café runs on the first Tuesday of the month from 10am to noon in Rafters Restaurant on the ground floor.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre