Weston hospital café to support people with dementia
- Credit: Archant
A memory café has opened up at Weston General Hospital to support people with dementia.
Lillian's Memory Café has been launched by the dementia and geriatric emergency medicine service (GEMS) teams at Weston Area Health Trust.
Representatives from the Alzheimer's Society will be at the café, alongside volunteers, who have been specially trained as dementia friends.
Visitors will be encouraged to reminisce about their loves, make connections with new friends and express themselves.
Emma-Louise Woods, from GEMS said: "People with dementia and their carers can feel very lonely and isolated.
You may also want to watch:
"We're a small friendly group ready to help and support with whatever it is people need - whether that's practical advice or a cup of tea and a friendly chat."
The café runs on the first Tuesday of the month from 10am to noon in Rafters Restaurant on the ground floor.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone