Weston hospital café to support people with dementia
- Credit: Archant
A memory café has opened up at Weston General Hospital to support people with dementia.
Lillian's Memory Café has been launched by the dementia and geriatric emergency medicine service (GEMS) teams at Weston Area Health Trust.
Representatives from the Alzheimer's Society will be at the café, alongside volunteers, who have been specially trained as dementia friends.
Visitors will be encouraged to reminisce about their loves, make connections with new friends and express themselves.
Emma-Louise Woods, from GEMS said: "People with dementia and their carers can feel very lonely and isolated.
You may also want to watch:
"We're a small friendly group ready to help and support with whatever it is people need - whether that's practical advice or a cup of tea and a friendly chat."
The café runs on the first Tuesday of the month from 10am to noon in Rafters Restaurant on the ground floor.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset