Weston family raises thousands in Jake’s memory
- Credit: Sub
Thousands of pounds have been raised for a childhood bereavement charity.
Westonian Sarah McCormack organised a fundraising event at Hornets Rugby Club in memory of her nephew, Jake, on the fifth anniversary of his death.
The event, which sold 200 tickets, included a three-course meal, live music and an auction which helped raise £6,080 for Winston's Wish, which helps children and young people re-adjust to life after the death of a parent or sibling.
She said: "We wanted to do something as a family to mark the occasion and could not think of anything better than to raise money for Winston's Wish."
Jodie Pilkington, from the Winston's Wish fundraising team, said: "We are overwhelmed by the success of the inaugural Jake's Wish event and are indebted to Sarah, her family and friends for the effort they have put in to arranging this fantastic fundraiser."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped Jake's Wish will become an annual event.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend