Weston family raises thousands in Jake’s memory
- Credit: Sub
Thousands of pounds have been raised for a childhood bereavement charity.
Westonian Sarah McCormack organised a fundraising event at Hornets Rugby Club in memory of her nephew, Jake, on the fifth anniversary of his death.
The event, which sold 200 tickets, included a three-course meal, live music and an auction which helped raise £6,080 for Winston's Wish, which helps children and young people re-adjust to life after the death of a parent or sibling.
She said: "We wanted to do something as a family to mark the occasion and could not think of anything better than to raise money for Winston's Wish."
Jodie Pilkington, from the Winston's Wish fundraising team, said: "We are overwhelmed by the success of the inaugural Jake's Wish event and are indebted to Sarah, her family and friends for the effort they have put in to arranging this fantastic fundraiser."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped Jake's Wish will become an annual event.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder