Three men arrested for doughnut shop burglary
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a burglary at a doughnut shop in Burnham-on-Sea.
The suspects, aged 26, 42 and 50 were later arrested in Bridgwater, in connection with the incident, which took place at 1am on October 1.
Avon andSomerset Constabulary was contacted by a member of the public, who saw three men smashing the window of The Donut Kiosk, on South Esplanade, and taking the till, before leaving the scene in a black Honda.
Officers found the car in Taunton Road, Bridgwater, and the stolen property was recovered.
Investigating officer Suzanne Costello said: “We’d like to thank the member of the public who alerted us to the burglary, enabling us to take swift action and recover the stolen property.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects remain in custody at this time and enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information that could help police enquiries should call 101 quoting reference 522022534.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab