Three men arrested for doughnut shop burglary
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been arrested following a burglary at a doughnut shop in Burnham-on-Sea.
The suspects, aged 26, 42 and 50 were later arrested in Bridgwater, in connection with the incident, which took place at 1am on October 1.
Avon andSomerset Constabulary was contacted by a member of the public, who saw three men smashing the window of The Donut Kiosk, on South Esplanade, and taking the till, before leaving the scene in a black Honda.
Officers found the car in Taunton Road, Bridgwater, and the stolen property was recovered.
Investigating officer Suzanne Costello said: “We’d like to thank the member of the public who alerted us to the burglary, enabling us to take swift action and recover the stolen property.”
You may also want to watch:
The suspects remain in custody at this time and enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information that could help police enquiries should call 101 quoting reference 522022534.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s