Festive fair raises cash for primary school
- Credit: Archant
Worle youngsters got into the Christmas spirit at their school’s fair.
Mendip Green Primary School raised more than £3,500 through its festive fair.
Pastoral lead Lorraine Young said: "After a lot of hard work from our parent teacher association (PTA) we took an incredible amount in just two hours, breaking all our records for a Christmas fair.
"I can honestly say I don't think I have seen so many happy, smiling faces in one place all enjoying the spirit of Christmas and supporting our fabulous school.
"Father Christmas was there in a superb grotto, there were lots of games including drop the coin on the reindeer's nose, a popular no adults allowed room and lots of hot food and drink.
You may also want to watch:
"A special thanks must go to Amanda, Kate, Jo, Penny and Kate because without them, the PTA would not run."
All monies raised will go towards enhancing fun and learning at Mendip Green.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 9 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup