Offest Outdoor Family Festival raises more than £18k for Weston charity
- Credit: Archant
Offest Outdoor Family Festival raised £18,800 for Weston’s YMCA homelessness support charity, it has been revealed this month.
Families from across the region threw themselves into archery, tobogganing, a Nerf gun battle zone and water fight arena plus more for good causes on May 18.
The Rotary Club of Wrington Vale organised the event at Churchill's Mendip Outdoor Pursuits with Thatchers Cider, and more than a thousand people took part on the day.
The festival was also put on in aid other Rotary-associated groups.
A spokesman for the club said: "The festival was only possible through our close partnership with groups in the area, scouts, schools, businesses and volunteers, who perhaps made this our most successful event ever.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to give a huge thank you to everyone who supported the cause."
For more information, visit www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=1235
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple