Weather warning for ice in Weston
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for ice in Weston-super-Mare overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between 4pm today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
North Somerset Council has confirmed it will be sending out its fleet of gritter lorries tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Public Health England is also encouraging people to dress warm and look out for vulnerable people during the cold weather.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 8 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 9 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 10 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze