Weather warning for ice in Weston
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a weather warning for ice in Weston-super-Mare overnight.
Ice is expected to form on some surfaces between 4pm today (Tuesday) and overnight into Wednedsay.
Wintry showers are also expected at times.
People are being warned to take care on roads, pavements and cycle paths which may be slippery.
North Somerset Council has confirmed it will be sending out its fleet of gritter lorries tonight.
You may also want to watch:
Public Health England is also encouraging people to dress warm and look out for vulnerable people during the cold weather.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab