Weather warning issued for Weston
- Credit: Archant
A ‘very unsettled spell of weather’ has been forecast for Weston-super-Mare tomorrow (Wednesday) by the Met Office.
A yellow weather warning has been issued, with ‘strong winds combined with widespread and in places heavy rain’ expected.
The warning runs from 9am-9pm, with the Met Office reporting gusts of 70mph could be felt.
A Met Office spokesman said: “A very unsettled spell of weather is expected, with strong winds combined with widespread and in places heavy rain.
“Winds are expected to increase from the far southwest early on Wednesday, spreading northeast.
You may also want to watch:
“Wind gusts of 60mph are expected, with a few, more exposed, locations seeing 70mph gusts.
“The strong winds will also bring some rough seas and large waves, with some coastal impacts possible.”
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset