Weather warning issued for Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
A weather warning has been issued for Weston today (Friday), with fears torrential rain could lead to travel disruption.
The Met office has put out a yellow weather warning with heavy downpours expected.
The warning is in place until 10pm, and the Met Office believes flooding is possible while journeys on roads and public transport could be affected by the expected deluge.
A spokesman said: "Rain is expected to become widespread and heavy at times during Friday.
"Heavy rain may also coincide with peak travel times during the afternoon and early evening leading to difficult driving conditions on major routes.
You may also want to watch:
"The heaviest rain is most likely over high ground, where some places may see 60-80mm.
"Strong winds are also expected with 30-40mph gusts likely around exposed coasts and hills."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress