Weather warning issued for Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
A weather warning has been issued for Weston today (Friday), with fears torrential rain could lead to travel disruption.
The Met office has put out a yellow weather warning with heavy downpours expected.
The warning is in place until 10pm, and the Met Office believes flooding is possible while journeys on roads and public transport could be affected by the expected deluge.
A spokesman said: "Rain is expected to become widespread and heavy at times during Friday.
"Heavy rain may also coincide with peak travel times during the afternoon and early evening leading to difficult driving conditions on major routes.
You may also want to watch:
"The heaviest rain is most likely over high ground, where some places may see 60-80mm.
"Strong winds are also expected with 30-40mph gusts likely around exposed coasts and hills."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset