Yellow weather warning for Weston due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
Strong winds are battering Weston-super-Mare this morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for North Somerset due to very strong winds which are expected to reach speeds of up to 70mph on the coast.
The weather warning is in place until 9am this morning.
Transport delays are expected and drivers are being warned to take care on the roads.
Strong winds are expected again from noon tomorrow (Friday) until 6pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning is in place and people are warned to expect more transport delays.
Coastal communities could also be affected by spray and large waves.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network