Yellow weather warning for Weston due to strong winds
- Credit: Archant
Strong winds are battering Weston-super-Mare this morning.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for North Somerset due to very strong winds which are expected to reach speeds of up to 70mph on the coast.
The weather warning is in place until 9am this morning.
Transport delays are expected and drivers are being warned to take care on the roads.
Strong winds are expected again from noon tomorrow (Friday) until 6pm on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning is in place and people are warned to expect more transport delays.
Coastal communities could also be affected by spray and large waves.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing