Family fun at Michaelmas Fair
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people took part in Winscombe’s popular Michaelmas Fair.
Talented villagers entered their floral displays, photos, fruit and vegetables, wine, honey, baked goods and crafts ready to be judged.
There were also classes for children and the judges were impressed by the high standard of entries.
A show spokesman said: “The day culminated in a family barn dance which was enjoyed by many families.
“We will have raised roughly £5,000 which goes to the maintenance and improvement of our community centre.
“We are hoping in the next few years to have a new build as the present Victorian building is becoming too small as many new houses are going to be built in our village.”
It is the 40th show next year and organisers are hoping even more people will take part.
- 1 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandalism spree
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Poetry legend Pam Ayres enjoys Weston fish and chips!
- 4 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 5 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 6 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 7 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 8 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 9 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 10 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
To get involved, contact Dee on Denise.Davis@Hotmail.com or Jill on 01934 843776.