Couple celebrate 60 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A Milton couple have celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Geoff and Mary Stocker, aged 84 and 80 respectively, enjoyed their diamond wedding anniversary on March 21.
The couple have received goodwill messages, including a card from the Queen.
Mary told the Mercury: “We met in the old Seller’s Ice Cream Parlour in Regent Street.
“I was on my way home from a dance in the Winter Gardens and had to get the last bus home.
“A friend introduced us, and, every time I went back to the Winter Gardens, we kept bumping into each other.”
The couple have lived in the area all their lives, having both retired around 15 years ago.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Watch Stone Age musical in Hutton this weekend
Geoff worked in insurance, while Mary, who was originally born in Cheddar, was both a carer and assistant manager at the former Russell Howe care home.
They have a son and daughter, three granddaughters and one grandson.
A party with friends and family was held at the Royal Hotel on Saturday.