Couple celebrate 60 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A Milton couple have celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Geoff and Mary Stocker, aged 84 and 80 respectively, enjoyed their diamond wedding anniversary on March 21.
The couple have received goodwill messages, including a card from the Queen.
Mary told the Mercury: “We met in the old Seller’s Ice Cream Parlour in Regent Street.
“I was on my way home from a dance in the Winter Gardens and had to get the last bus home.
You may also want to watch:
“A friend introduced us, and, every time I went back to the Winter Gardens, we kept bumping into each other.”
The couple have lived in the area all their lives, having both retired around 15 years ago.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
Geoff worked in insurance, while Mary, who was originally born in Cheddar, was both a carer and assistant manager at the former Russell Howe care home.
They have a son and daughter, three granddaughters and one grandson.
A party with friends and family was held at the Royal Hotel on Saturday.