PICTURES: Milton Fish Bar charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Spiderman, Scooby Doo and Snow White managed to raise more than £400 for three charities.
Laura Flanagan and Sharon Boneham raised £415 for Weston Hospicecare, It’s In The Bag and Cancer Research UK at Milton Fish Bar, in Milton Road, on February 26.
People dressed in fancy-dress characters from films including Star Wars and Frozen competed for the best dressed prize, while a cake sale, colouring and a guess-the-name-of-the-teddy competitions also took place.
Emergency services personnel were on hand to give youngsters the chance to sit in a fire engine and learn more about the ambulance and police services.
Sharon is running the Bristol half marathon for It’s In The Bag and will take part in the 20-mile Mendip Challenge trek for Weston Hospicecare.
Libby Boneham, aged 10, is running the Race For Life for Cancer Research UK.
Milton Fish Bar, which is owned by Laura’s partner and is also where she works, supported the fundraisers and volunteered its premises to host the event.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 7 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station