PICTURES: Milton Fish Bar charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Spiderman, Scooby Doo and Snow White managed to raise more than £400 for three charities.
Laura Flanagan and Sharon Boneham raised £415 for Weston Hospicecare, It’s In The Bag and Cancer Research UK at Milton Fish Bar, in Milton Road, on February 26.
People dressed in fancy-dress characters from films including Star Wars and Frozen competed for the best dressed prize, while a cake sale, colouring and a guess-the-name-of-the-teddy competitions also took place.
Emergency services personnel were on hand to give youngsters the chance to sit in a fire engine and learn more about the ambulance and police services.
Sharon is running the Bristol half marathon for It’s In The Bag and will take part in the 20-mile Mendip Challenge trek for Weston Hospicecare.
You may also want to watch:
Libby Boneham, aged 10, is running the Race For Life for Cancer Research UK.
Milton Fish Bar, which is owned by Laura’s partner and is also where she works, supported the fundraisers and volunteered its premises to host the event.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset