PICTURES: Milton Fish Bar charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Spiderman, Scooby Doo and Snow White managed to raise more than £400 for three charities.
Laura Flanagan and Sharon Boneham raised £415 for Weston Hospicecare, It’s In The Bag and Cancer Research UK at Milton Fish Bar, in Milton Road, on February 26.
People dressed in fancy-dress characters from films including Star Wars and Frozen competed for the best dressed prize, while a cake sale, colouring and a guess-the-name-of-the-teddy competitions also took place.
Emergency services personnel were on hand to give youngsters the chance to sit in a fire engine and learn more about the ambulance and police services.
Sharon is running the Bristol half marathon for It’s In The Bag and will take part in the 20-mile Mendip Challenge trek for Weston Hospicecare.
You may also want to watch:
Libby Boneham, aged 10, is running the Race For Life for Cancer Research UK.
Milton Fish Bar, which is owned by Laura’s partner and is also where she works, supported the fundraisers and volunteered its premises to host the event.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers