Overnight closures at Weston junction
- Credit: Google Street View
A busy Weston junction will be closed during weeknights as part of a maintenance scheme which will start tomorrow (Wednesday).
The Milton Road junction in town will be shut from Hill Road to the other side of Ashcombe Road until Tuesday.
Access will be available to drivers who live in the area during the works, which will take place from 7pm-6am.
There will be a signed diversion route in place, with the number seven bus also being diverted around the closure.
The scheme will cost £50,000 and is a part of North Somerset Council's road maintenance programme which will see multiple overnight closures take place in the area, including near Bristol Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Executive council member for highways, James Tonkin, said: "The quickest and safest way for the authority to carry out this vital maintenance work is to close the road."
Contractors, Skanska, will complete the works in Weston.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree