Weston Hospicecare appeal asks for donations equal to a minute of care
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
The appeal hopes to raise enough funds to provide 24 hours of care for residents.
Weston Hospicecare has launched a fundraising appeal in a bid to raise £11,000 to help people with life-limiting conditions.
The Minute A Month campaign appeals for members of the community to donate £7.64 a month – equal to a minute of care.
It costs £11,000 a day – £7.64 a minute – to provide people with the end-of-life care they deserve.
The campaign aims to raise £11,000 a month in regular donations, which will provide 24 hours of care a month.
You may also want to watch:
Carla Bloomfield, from Weston Hospicecare, said: “We know that many people are worried about their health and finances at the moment and some people may not be able to afford a monthly donation of £7.64.
“The campaign was planned before the coronavirus took hold. We decided to go ahead with the launch because regular donations play such an important role in caring for terminally ill people, especially during times like these.”
To donate to the appeal, log on to www.westonhospicecare.org.uk
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street