Weston Hospicecare appeal asks for donations equal to a minute of care
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
The appeal hopes to raise enough funds to provide 24 hours of care for residents.
Weston Hospicecare has launched a fundraising appeal in a bid to raise £11,000 to help people with life-limiting conditions.
The Minute A Month campaign appeals for members of the community to donate £7.64 a month – equal to a minute of care.
It costs £11,000 a day – £7.64 a minute – to provide people with the end-of-life care they deserve.
The campaign aims to raise £11,000 a month in regular donations, which will provide 24 hours of care a month.
You may also want to watch:
Carla Bloomfield, from Weston Hospicecare, said: “We know that many people are worried about their health and finances at the moment and some people may not be able to afford a monthly donation of £7.64.
“The campaign was planned before the coronavirus took hold. We decided to go ahead with the launch because regular donations play such an important role in caring for terminally ill people, especially during times like these.”
To donate to the appeal, log on to www.westonhospicecare.org.uk
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years