Family of missing yachtsman notified after body found on Welsh beach
- Credit: Police
The family of a missing yachtsman have been contacted by police, after the body of a man was discovered on a South Wales beach.
The body was found by South Wales Police on a beach near Ogmore-by-Sea, in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The Egoist Yacht, owned by 43-year-old David Moore from Avonmouth, was found run aground and abandoned near Berrow at about 6.30am, on June 3.
The vessel had last been seen leaving Watchet Marina on the afternoon of June 1.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary, said the force's enquiries into the man's identity are ongoing.
She said: "The body of a man was found by South Wales Police at about 1.45pm on June 16 near to Ogmore-by-Sea.
"The family of missing yachtsman Mr Moore have been informed.
- 1 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 2 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 3 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 4 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 5 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 6 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 7 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 8 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 9 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 10 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
"Formal identification still has to be carried out."