Family of missing yachtsman notified after body found on Welsh beach
- Credit: Police
The family of a missing yachtsman have been contacted by police, after the body of a man was discovered on a South Wales beach.
The body was found by South Wales Police on a beach near Ogmore-by-Sea, in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The Egoist Yacht, owned by 43-year-old David Moore from Avonmouth, was found run aground and abandoned near Berrow at about 6.30am, on June 3.
The vessel had last been seen leaving Watchet Marina on the afternoon of June 1.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary, said the force's enquiries into the man's identity are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The body of a man was found by South Wales Police at about 1.45pm on June 16 near to Ogmore-by-Sea.
"The family of missing yachtsman Mr Moore have been informed.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
"Formal identification still has to be carried out."