Model railway show to boost hospice funds
- Credit: Archant
A model railway show will be held in Weston this Sunday – an event which is set to catapult the show through the £40,000 charity fundraising barrier.
The 13th Weston Model Railway Show will be stage at The Campus in Highlands Lane on Sunday, and is scheduled to run from 10am-4.30pm.
A host of expert railway layouts, many of which have never been seen in the South West before, will be on show to enthusiasts who travel from far afield to attend.
Organiser Keith Price has travelled as far as Manchester and Wigan to scout out interesting layouts for the event.
He also says the most recent show, held in September, raised a little over £4,000, which was split between Weston Hospicecare and the Campus Kids Club. Altogether, the show has raised more than £37,000 for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
Entry costs £7 for adults, £6.50 for senior citizens, £2 for children, or £16 for a family.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruse past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 8 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 9 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 10 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture