Boxing: Win will open doors says Dodge
- Credit: Archant
Dean Dodge has said his win over Sean Davis is going to ‘open more doors’ and present him with ‘better opportunities.’
Dodge recorded his seventh consecutive victory over Davis and ninth in all from his 10 fights to remain undefeated.
And he said: "I feel on top of the world. Winning is the biggest drug in the world. It's why boxers like me just keep on and chasing that win.
"This fight is going to open more doors, opportunities and get me on the big stage, which is what I want.
"It was a great opportunity and beating a kid like that is only going to give me better opportunities."
After winning his bout with Birmingham-born Davis, Dodge revealed what the 30-year-old boxer said to him when the fight had finished.
"He said to me at the end 'you are a very strong kid, one of the strongest kids I've ever been in with and I will definitely win titles'," he added.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 6 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
"Hearing something like that is definitely what you want to hear. It's given me a lot of confidence, beating a kid of that stature."
But Yeovil-born Dodge was full off gratitude for one man, who has been in his corner since the first fight after he responded to an advert on social media.
"I thank Dean (Lewis) every day," added Dodge.
"It was a blessing to have met Dean and to train me everyday is an honour and I just can't thank this man enough.
"He's definitely a role model to me and I am forever in his debt.
"We;re just two mates chasing a dream, that's what we are doing. To do it with your best mate is something you can't dream off."