Boxing: Win will open doors says Dodge
- Credit: Archant
Dean Dodge has said his win over Sean Davis is going to ‘open more doors’ and present him with ‘better opportunities.’
Dodge recorded his seventh consecutive victory over Davis and ninth in all from his 10 fights to remain undefeated.
And he said: "I feel on top of the world. Winning is the biggest drug in the world. It's why boxers like me just keep on and chasing that win.
"This fight is going to open more doors, opportunities and get me on the big stage, which is what I want.
"It was a great opportunity and beating a kid like that is only going to give me better opportunities."
You may also want to watch:
After winning his bout with Birmingham-born Davis, Dodge revealed what the 30-year-old boxer said to him when the fight had finished.
"He said to me at the end 'you are a very strong kid, one of the strongest kids I've ever been in with and I will definitely win titles'," he added.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 6 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
"Hearing something like that is definitely what you want to hear. It's given me a lot of confidence, beating a kid of that stature."
But Yeovil-born Dodge was full off gratitude for one man, who has been in his corner since the first fight after he responded to an advert on social media.
"I thank Dean (Lewis) every day," added Dodge.
"It was a blessing to have met Dean and to train me everyday is an honour and I just can't thank this man enough.
"He's definitely a role model to me and I am forever in his debt.
"We;re just two mates chasing a dream, that's what we are doing. To do it with your best mate is something you can't dream off."