Roundabout faces more roadworks?
- Credit: Archant
Planning permission is being sought to increase the size of a roundabout in Yatton – only a couple of years after it was made bigger.
The North End roundabout is an important link providing routes to the High Street, new homes plus towards Kingston Seymour and the M5.
Bloor Homes made it bigger three years ago before building houses off the roundabout. A new school and care village are planned within the same development.
But Curo Housing Ltd has asked North Somerset Council to change the layout again, to make it more oval in shape.
It has bought land to the east of the roundabout which Hallam Land Management received planning permission to build 170 homes.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes to the roundabout have been on the cards for some time.
Yatton Parish Council supports the scheme – which includes traffic islands for pedestrians – and hopes better landscaping will bring the gateway to the village back up to standard.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows