Roundabout faces more roadworks?
- Credit: Archant
Planning permission is being sought to increase the size of a roundabout in Yatton – only a couple of years after it was made bigger.
The North End roundabout is an important link providing routes to the High Street, new homes plus towards Kingston Seymour and the M5.
Bloor Homes made it bigger three years ago before building houses off the roundabout. A new school and care village are planned within the same development.
But Curo Housing Ltd has asked North Somerset Council to change the layout again, to make it more oval in shape.
It has bought land to the east of the roundabout which Hallam Land Management received planning permission to build 170 homes.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed changes to the roundabout have been on the cards for some time.
Yatton Parish Council supports the scheme – which includes traffic islands for pedestrians – and hopes better landscaping will bring the gateway to the village back up to standard.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half