Weston women feature in museum’s art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Artworks which showcase the journey of women’s lives are on display at Weston Museum.
Portrait pictures of 'ordinary Weston women' feature at artist Sue Green's More Than Meets The Eye exhibition, which runs until September 1.
Sue, before the event opened on Monday, said: "I'm actually quite excited.
"I didn't become a professional artist until around 15 years ago, and I took inspiration from an exhibition in Yeovil for my latest works.
"My youngest model is (aged) 17 and the eldest is in her 80s, and the exhibition details the lives of women who have survived cancer, through to getting the results they wanted at Slimming World."
You may also want to watch:
Almost 20 women feature in displays, and the artist also takes stills of insects and beautiful landscapes.
For more information about the free event, visit www.westonmuseum.org
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend