Weston women feature in museum’s art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Artworks which showcase the journey of women’s lives are on display at Weston Museum.
Portrait pictures of 'ordinary Weston women' feature at artist Sue Green's More Than Meets The Eye exhibition, which runs until September 1.
Sue, before the event opened on Monday, said: "I'm actually quite excited.
"I didn't become a professional artist until around 15 years ago, and I took inspiration from an exhibition in Yeovil for my latest works.
"My youngest model is (aged) 17 and the eldest is in her 80s, and the exhibition details the lives of women who have survived cancer, through to getting the results they wanted at Slimming World."
Almost 20 women feature in displays, and the artist also takes stills of insects and beautiful landscapes.
For more information about the free event, visit www.westonmuseum.org
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 2 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 3 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 4 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 8 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch