Weston women feature in museum’s art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Artworks which showcase the journey of women’s lives are on display at Weston Museum.
Portrait pictures of 'ordinary Weston women' feature at artist Sue Green's More Than Meets The Eye exhibition, which runs until September 1.
Sue, before the event opened on Monday, said: "I'm actually quite excited.
"I didn't become a professional artist until around 15 years ago, and I took inspiration from an exhibition in Yeovil for my latest works.
"My youngest model is (aged) 17 and the eldest is in her 80s, and the exhibition details the lives of women who have survived cancer, through to getting the results they wanted at Slimming World."
You may also want to watch:
Almost 20 women feature in displays, and the artist also takes stills of insects and beautiful landscapes.
For more information about the free event, visit www.westonmuseum.org
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 8 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree