More thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Severe thunderstorms are forecast for North Somerset for the next five days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning of thunderstorms from today (Thursday) until Monday.
Heavy showers are also expected and may cause flooding or disruption to travel.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with potential for damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
The sky above Weston and Worle was lit up by spectacular lightning last night following a heat wave.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures have dipped slightly today to 26 degrees, and they are expected to drop to 21 degrees by Saturday.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3