More thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Severe thunderstorms are forecast for North Somerset for the next five days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning of thunderstorms from today (Thursday) until Monday.
Heavy showers are also expected and may cause flooding or disruption to travel.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with potential for damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
The sky above Weston and Worle was lit up by spectacular lightning last night following a heat wave.
Temperatures have dipped slightly today to 26 degrees, and they are expected to drop to 21 degrees by Saturday.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre