More thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Severe thunderstorms are forecast for North Somerset for the next five days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning of thunderstorms from today (Thursday) until Monday.
Heavy showers are also expected and may cause flooding or disruption to travel.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with potential for damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
The sky above Weston and Worle was lit up by spectacular lightning last night following a heat wave.
Temperatures have dipped slightly today to 26 degrees, and they are expected to drop to 21 degrees by Saturday.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab