More thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Severe thunderstorms are forecast for North Somerset for the next five days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning of thunderstorms from today (Thursday) until Monday.
Heavy showers are also expected and may cause flooding or disruption to travel.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with potential for damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
The sky above Weston and Worle was lit up by spectacular lightning last night following a heat wave.
Temperatures have dipped slightly today to 26 degrees, and they are expected to drop to 21 degrees by Saturday.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released