More thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
Severe thunderstorms are forecast for North Somerset for the next five days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning of thunderstorms from today (Thursday) until Monday.
Heavy showers are also expected and may cause flooding or disruption to travel.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with potential for damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes and large hail.
The sky above Weston and Worle was lit up by spectacular lightning last night following a heat wave.
Temperatures have dipped slightly today to 26 degrees, and they are expected to drop to 21 degrees by Saturday.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event