More witnesses sought to New Year assault
MORE witnesses to a serious assault in Cheddar are being asked to come forward.
A 24-year-old, named locally as James Hewlett, died on Saturday afternoon from a serious head injury that he sustained when he was assaulted at 2am the same day.
He was attacked outside a take away in the village and was taken to Frenchay Hospital where he later died.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the incident, in particular anyone who may have been in the St Andrews Road area at the time.
Two men, aged 18 and 20, remain in police custody in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s