More witnesses sought to New Year assault
MORE witnesses to a serious assault in Cheddar are being asked to come forward.
A 24-year-old, named locally as James Hewlett, died on Saturday afternoon from a serious head injury that he sustained when he was assaulted at 2am the same day.
He was attacked outside a take away in the village and was taken to Frenchay Hospital where he later died.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the incident, in particular anyone who may have been in the St Andrews Road area at the time.
Two men, aged 18 and 20, remain in police custody in connection with the assault.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal