Mother and daughter join Moonlight Beach Walk to support hospice
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter from Weston-super-Mare are taking part in the Moonlight Beach Walk to raise money for the ‘invaluable’ support offered by Weston Hospicecare.
Carrie Belbin and her daughter Poppy have signed up for the fundraiser on September 14 in memory of Carrie's dad Leigh Hales who was cared for by the hospice's community nursing team.
Carrie said: "My dad, Leigh Hales, was a very determined person. The nurses made extra effort to go above and beyond to help, even when he didn't think he needed it.
"The hospice is massively important to Weston and North Somerset.
"Having community nurses Nikki and Lucy available to speak to was invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
"My dad spent a month as an inpatient, and at a time we both felt really down, he was able to be supported and I could relax slightly, knowing he was in good hands when I wasn't there."
To sign up to the event log on to westonhospicecare.org.uk/moonlight
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse