Mother and daughter join Moonlight Beach Walk to support hospice
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter from Weston-super-Mare are taking part in the Moonlight Beach Walk to raise money for the ‘invaluable’ support offered by Weston Hospicecare.
Carrie Belbin and her daughter Poppy have signed up for the fundraiser on September 14 in memory of Carrie's dad Leigh Hales who was cared for by the hospice's community nursing team.
Carrie said: "My dad, Leigh Hales, was a very determined person. The nurses made extra effort to go above and beyond to help, even when he didn't think he needed it.
"The hospice is massively important to Weston and North Somerset.
"Having community nurses Nikki and Lucy available to speak to was invaluable.
You may also want to watch:
"My dad spent a month as an inpatient, and at a time we both felt really down, he was able to be supported and I could relax slightly, knowing he was in good hands when I wasn't there."
To sign up to the event log on to westonhospicecare.org.uk/moonlight
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic