Mother goes bald in his memory of son who died aged two
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Weston, who lost her son 30 years ago to rare brain cancer has shaved her hair in his memory.
Sally Daly, aged 52, dyed her hair a plum pink before going bald for the Brave The Shave charity.
Sally lost her son Daniel Daly when he was just two-and-a-half years old and October 12 marked the 30th anniversary since he passed away.
Sally, who works in Asda, wanted to do something big to mark such a significant year.
She said: "Normally I get sad around this time of the year and this has given me something to focus on.
"I have also lost my uncle and neighbour to cancer so I wanted to do something to help raise money for the charity.
"It has taken my hairdresser so long to get my hair to the way I like it.
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 6 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
"But this was for a good cause and my hair grows back quickly,"
To donate money, visit www.bit.ly/2payeHg