Mother goes bald in his memory of son who died aged two
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Weston, who lost her son 30 years ago to rare brain cancer has shaved her hair in his memory.
Sally Daly, aged 52, dyed her hair a plum pink before going bald for the Brave The Shave charity.
Sally lost her son Daniel Daly when he was just two-and-a-half years old and October 12 marked the 30th anniversary since he passed away.
Sally, who works in Asda, wanted to do something big to mark such a significant year.
She said: "Normally I get sad around this time of the year and this has given me something to focus on.
You may also want to watch:
"I have also lost my uncle and neighbour to cancer so I wanted to do something to help raise money for the charity.
"It has taken my hairdresser so long to get my hair to the way I like it.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress
"But this was for a good cause and my hair grows back quickly,"
To donate money, visit www.bit.ly/2payeHg