Mother goes bald in his memory of son who died aged two
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Weston, who lost her son 30 years ago to rare brain cancer has shaved her hair in his memory.
Sally Daly, aged 52, dyed her hair a plum pink before going bald for the Brave The Shave charity.
Sally lost her son Daniel Daly when he was just two-and-a-half years old and October 12 marked the 30th anniversary since he passed away.
Sally, who works in Asda, wanted to do something big to mark such a significant year.
She said: "Normally I get sad around this time of the year and this has given me something to focus on.
You may also want to watch:
"I have also lost my uncle and neighbour to cancer so I wanted to do something to help raise money for the charity.
"It has taken my hairdresser so long to get my hair to the way I like it.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
"But this was for a good cause and my hair grows back quickly,"
To donate money, visit www.bit.ly/2payeHg