Mother goes bald in his memory of son who died aged two
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Weston, who lost her son 30 years ago to rare brain cancer has shaved her hair in his memory.
Sally Daly, aged 52, dyed her hair a plum pink before going bald for the Brave The Shave charity.
Sally lost her son Daniel Daly when he was just two-and-a-half years old and October 12 marked the 30th anniversary since he passed away.
Sally, who works in Asda, wanted to do something big to mark such a significant year.
She said: "Normally I get sad around this time of the year and this has given me something to focus on.
"I have also lost my uncle and neighbour to cancer so I wanted to do something to help raise money for the charity.
"It has taken my hairdresser so long to get my hair to the way I like it.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
"But this was for a good cause and my hair grows back quickly,"
To donate money, visit www.bit.ly/2payeHg