Motorcyclist dies in crash on Hildesheim Bridge
- Credit: Karen Richards
A man has died following a collision between a car and motorcycle on Hildesheim Bridge yesterday (Tuesday) evening.
Emergency crews were called to the A370 in Weston, but the motorcyclist, a man in his 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
His family have been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers.
A South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust spokesperson said: “We were called at 6.16pm to reports of a road traffic collision, reportedly involving a motorbike.
“We sent multiple resources including ambulances and an Operations Officer.”
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is now appealing for witnesses and dashcam footage following the fatal collision.
Anyone who saw the incident, or may have information which could help the police investigation, can contact the Roads Policing Unit by calling 101 and giving the call handler the reference number 5221121013.
People can supply dashcam footage via the police website by logging-on to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report/accident-on-the-road/?fbclid=IwAR3ezjAQA6PIFXI1ehj1sjs5cmHk5uPGCGhuiZecSr9absWP-ZrQe6DBg9c#/
- 1 When to watch partial solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 2 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 3 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 4 Great-great-grandmother from Weston celebrates a century
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Could you be next Lord of the Manor of Weston-super-Mare?
- 7 Worle woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 8 Bus service reinstated - but problems over speed limits on roads remain
- 9 G7 Summit: Extinction Rebellion protests scheduled this week
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in crash on Hildesheim Bridge