MP James Heappey wishes Prime Minster ‘quick recovery’ from coronavirus
- Credit: Weston Mercury
Wells MP James Heappey has wished the Prime Minster a ‘quick recovery’ after he was admitted to hospital with coronavirus.
Prime Minster Boris Johnson had been suffering with 10 days of symptoms and was taken to St Thomas’ Hospital in central London on Sunday.
Mr Johnson has since been admitted into intensive care and is ‘in good spirits’ while receiving ‘standard oxygen treatment’.
The Prime Minister’s fiancee Carrie Symonds, who is pregnant with their first child, said she is ‘on the mend’ after self-isolating since displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
Mr Heappey said: “I am deeply concerned that the Prime Minister has been transferred to intensive care.
You may also want to watch:
“He is in the best possible hands and there is no better place for him to be as he battles against Covid-19.
“Kate and I send all our love and cares to Boris and Carrie. We hope he’ll make a quick recovery and they’ll be reunited as soon as possible.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 6 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years