MP James Heappey wishes Prime Minster ‘quick recovery’ from coronavirus
- Credit: Weston Mercury
Wells MP James Heappey has wished the Prime Minster a ‘quick recovery’ after he was admitted to hospital with coronavirus.
Prime Minster Boris Johnson had been suffering with 10 days of symptoms and was taken to St Thomas’ Hospital in central London on Sunday.
Mr Johnson has since been admitted into intensive care and is ‘in good spirits’ while receiving ‘standard oxygen treatment’.
The Prime Minister’s fiancee Carrie Symonds, who is pregnant with their first child, said she is ‘on the mend’ after self-isolating since displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
Mr Heappey said: “I am deeply concerned that the Prime Minister has been transferred to intensive care.
You may also want to watch:
“He is in the best possible hands and there is no better place for him to be as he battles against Covid-19.
“Kate and I send all our love and cares to Boris and Carrie. We hope he’ll make a quick recovery and they’ll be reunited as soon as possible.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'