North Somerset mum to compete in Miss Classic British Isles
- Credit: Jane Mason
A mum of two from Congresbury will represent North Somerset in the final of a UK modelling contest.
Miss Somerset, Jane Mason will compete against 49 other contestants in the Classic Miss British Isles competition, with the winner securing a modelling contract.
Mrs Mason currently works as a bookkeeper but hopes to take advantage of this platform.
She told the Mercury and Times: "I am extremely excited to have gotten into the final.
"I feel that this is a great opportunity to kickstart my career in modelling.
"It would be wonderful to win as it would fulfil my ambition to do something I love."
Finalists will take part in a professional photoshoot prior to the final before performing a catwalk show at the final which will be judged.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker
The winner will be announced later that day on September 2.