Mums invited to join Race For Life to fight cancer
- Credit: Sub
Mums are being urged to join the fight against cancer by entering Weston’s Race For Life.
For the first time, grown-up sons will be able to take part alongside their mothers as part of the event.
Mums are being invited to join up and start fundraising ahead of Mother’s Day this weekend.
Vicki Turner, Cancer Research UK’s Weston event manager, said: “We’re urging families in Weston to make this Mother’s Day extra special by joining the Race for Life.
“Our Race For Life events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t need to be sporty to take part.
“You don’t have to train, and you certainly don’t need to compete against anyone else.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
“It’s a perfect example of everyday people doing an extraordinary thing – uniting in a common cause to beat cancer.”
To join, visit raceforlife.org or call 03001 230770.