Mums invited to join Race For Life to fight cancer
- Credit: Sub
Mums are being urged to join the fight against cancer by entering Weston’s Race For Life.
For the first time, grown-up sons will be able to take part alongside their mothers as part of the event.
Mums are being invited to join up and start fundraising ahead of Mother’s Day this weekend.
Vicki Turner, Cancer Research UK’s Weston event manager, said: “We’re urging families in Weston to make this Mother’s Day extra special by joining the Race for Life.
“Our Race For Life events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t need to be sporty to take part.
“You don’t have to train, and you certainly don’t need to compete against anyone else.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Restart grant for businesses re-opening after lockdown
“It’s a perfect example of everyday people doing an extraordinary thing – uniting in a common cause to beat cancer.”
To join, visit raceforlife.org or call 03001 230770.