Mums invited to join Race For Life to fight cancer
- Credit: Sub
Mums are being urged to join the fight against cancer by entering Weston’s Race For Life.
For the first time, grown-up sons will be able to take part alongside their mothers as part of the event.
Mums are being invited to join up and start fundraising ahead of Mother’s Day this weekend.
Vicki Turner, Cancer Research UK’s Weston event manager, said: “We’re urging families in Weston to make this Mother’s Day extra special by joining the Race for Life.
“Our Race For Life events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting.
“You don’t need to be sporty to take part.
“You don’t have to train, and you certainly don’t need to compete against anyone else.
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“It’s a perfect example of everyday people doing an extraordinary thing – uniting in a common cause to beat cancer.”
To join, visit raceforlife.org or call 03001 230770.