Mums invited to join Race For Life to fight cancer
- Credit: Sub
Mums are being urged to join the fight against cancer by entering Weston’s Race For Life.
For the first time, grown-up sons will be able to take part alongside their mothers as part of the event.
Mums are being invited to join up and start fundraising ahead of Mother’s Day this weekend.
Vicki Turner, Cancer Research UK’s Weston event manager, said: “We’re urging families in Weston to make this Mother’s Day extra special by joining the Race for Life.
“Our Race For Life events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t need to be sporty to take part.
“You don’t have to train, and you certainly don’t need to compete against anyone else.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
“It’s a perfect example of everyday people doing an extraordinary thing – uniting in a common cause to beat cancer.”
To join, visit raceforlife.org or call 03001 230770.