Woman arrested on suspicion of murder following death of man
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man died yesterday (Saturday).
A woman aged in her 60s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody after a man died at a house in Berrow at approximately 9.15pm.
Avon and Somerset police’s investigation is at an early stage, but they believe this to be an isolated incident.
An ambulance was called but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has yet to take place, but the next of kin have been informed. A post-mortem examination will be carried out as part of the investigation.
Detective Inspector Roger Doxsey, of the major crime investigation team, said: “Our thoughts and sympathies go out to the man’s family.
“A family liaison officer will provide specialist support to them at this difficult time.
- 1 Council plans to introduce 20mph limit in Weston
- 2 Plans to demolish North Somerset pub refused
- 3 Bristol Airport 'confident' after euro airline commits to daily routes
- 4 Rough sleepers evicted from Weston park
- 5 New owners bring guest house back into family name
- 6 Why is taking part in the Census 2021 survey important?
- 7 Weston MP looking forward to a 'new normal' post-Covid
- 8 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 9 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 10 Café to hold outdoor music events and stream gigs, thanks to grant
"A police cordon remains in place and will do for some time while inquiries are carried out.
"Additional patrols will be taking place as a precaution and we'd urge anyone with concerns about this incident to talk to those officers.”
Any witnesses with information that may help can call 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5221032125.