Murdered Mark’s family speak of ‘unimaginable’ loss
- Credit: Archant
THE family of a Weston man murdered on the Bournville estate at the weekend have today spoken of their ‘unimaginable’ loss.
Mark Roberts was found in Baildon Road with serious head injuries in the early hours of Saturday morning, but medics were unable to save him and he died in hospital on Sunday.
A teenager has since been charged with his murder, and appeared at North Somerset Courthouse this morning (Tuesday).
However, Mark’s parents Lesley and Andrew have today issued a statement paying tribute to the devoted 35-year-old family man.
The Uphill couple said: “Mark was our only son, loved by us, his sister Rachel, fiancée Zara and his extended family and friends.
“His loss has devastated us all and we do not know what life is going to be without him. It is unimaginable.
“Last year Mark found the woman he wanted to share his life with, and recently became engaged. He has been robbed of becoming a father, step-father and uncle.
You may also want to watch:
“We are overwhelmed by the response from the public, even those who didn’t know Mark and we are extremely grateful for their kind words and sympathy.”
Friends of Mark’s have laid bouquets in Baildon Road over the past few days, and dozens have left online tributes too.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend