Murdered Mark’s family speak of ‘unimaginable’ loss
- Credit: Archant
THE family of a Weston man murdered on the Bournville estate at the weekend have today spoken of their ‘unimaginable’ loss.
Mark Roberts was found in Baildon Road with serious head injuries in the early hours of Saturday morning, but medics were unable to save him and he died in hospital on Sunday.
A teenager has since been charged with his murder, and appeared at North Somerset Courthouse this morning (Tuesday).
However, Mark’s parents Lesley and Andrew have today issued a statement paying tribute to the devoted 35-year-old family man.
The Uphill couple said: “Mark was our only son, loved by us, his sister Rachel, fiancée Zara and his extended family and friends.
“His loss has devastated us all and we do not know what life is going to be without him. It is unimaginable.
“Last year Mark found the woman he wanted to share his life with, and recently became engaged. He has been robbed of becoming a father, step-father and uncle.
You may also want to watch:
“We are overwhelmed by the response from the public, even those who didn’t know Mark and we are extremely grateful for their kind words and sympathy.”
Friends of Mark’s have laid bouquets in Baildon Road over the past few days, and dozens have left online tributes too.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 9 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win