Musician Luke Potter celebrating debut single after signing Sony record deal
- Credit: David Charleston Matthews
A musician from Weston-super-Mare has got his first big break after receiving a record deal and will release his first single this week.
Luke Potter, aged 25, has been writing music since he was 16 and will release his debut single, called Something More, tomorrow (Friday).
Luke, who went to Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College, said: “It is an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
“I never thought anything like this would happen.”
Luke’s talent was first noticed by a management company in the United States, which looks after the likes of Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.
You may also want to watch:
He was encouraged to travel to Sweden to write more songs and work with some music producers who have worked with Robbie Williams and Demi Lovato.
Luke said: “Hearing I got the deal felt like a big weight off my shoulders.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 10 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
“I was very happy doing music and making a living doing what I loved and that was enough.
“But this is the cherry on top of my dream to be a song-writer and artist.”
Luke’s song will be released on digital platforms, such as Spotify, tomorrow.
He said: “It’s a very upbeat, but meaningful song where I am wearing my heart on my sleeve.
“It’s very different to a lot of other stuff I have done.”
To celebrate the release, Luke will perform at Sass Café & Bar, in South Parade, tonight (Thursday) at 8pm.