Name a Worle development - and win some cash
THIS is the latest image showing how a former rubber factory in Worle will look. Developer McCarthy and Stone has started building the 45 retirement apartments in Station Road and it is offering an imaginative reader the opportunity to pocket £250 if t
THIS is the latest image showing how a former rubber factory in Worle will look.
Developer McCarthy and Stone has started building the 45 retirement apartments in Station Road and it is offering an imaginative reader the opportunity to pocket £250 if they can come up with a name for the site.
Situated on the former Fussells rubber factory site, the development will be a mixture of one and two-bedroomed properties, with a shared lounge, laundry room and guest suite.
Each apartment will be connected to camera security at the main gates.
You may also want to watch:
The first showrooms are due to open in summer 2007 with the aim of getting the first residents settled in by the autumn.
A total of 13 affordable homes are included in the developer's latest plans. They will be contained in a separate block of flats on the site.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Originally an application to build 58 homes for the elderly was refused at North Somerset Council's west area committee.
The company submitted a new planning application which included more affordable homes and one more car parking space.
To be in with a chance of winning £250 send your name suggestion, with an address, daytime telephone number and a reason for the idea to Claire Stevenson, McCarthy and Stone Developments Limited, Freepost SWB 1649, Bristol, BS37 5BR.
Entries must be received no later than November 29 and all suggestions should end with the word 'Court'.