Name a Worle development - and win some cash
THIS is the latest image showing how a former rubber factory in Worle will look. Developer McCarthy and Stone has started building the 45 retirement apartments in Station Road and it is offering an imaginative reader the opportunity to pocket £250 if t
THIS is the latest image showing how a former rubber factory in Worle will look.
Developer McCarthy and Stone has started building the 45 retirement apartments in Station Road and it is offering an imaginative reader the opportunity to pocket £250 if they can come up with a name for the site.
Situated on the former Fussells rubber factory site, the development will be a mixture of one and two-bedroomed properties, with a shared lounge, laundry room and guest suite.
Each apartment will be connected to camera security at the main gates.
You may also want to watch:
The first showrooms are due to open in summer 2007 with the aim of getting the first residents settled in by the autumn.
A total of 13 affordable homes are included in the developer's latest plans. They will be contained in a separate block of flats on the site.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
Originally an application to build 58 homes for the elderly was refused at North Somerset Council's west area committee.
The company submitted a new planning application which included more affordable homes and one more car parking space.
To be in with a chance of winning £250 send your name suggestion, with an address, daytime telephone number and a reason for the idea to Claire Stevenson, McCarthy and Stone Developments Limited, Freepost SWB 1649, Bristol, BS37 5BR.
Entries must be received no later than November 29 and all suggestions should end with the word 'Court'.