Nerf warfare at Weston indoor battlefield event
- Credit: Archant
Excited children armed themselves with blasters and spent an adrenalin-fuelled hour racing around a Nerf battlefield at a Weston-super-Mare school.
The Nerf Ultimate Indoor Battlefield took over Haywood Academy on Sunday and children aged five to 13 enjoyed firing at targets and testing out their skills.
The event is run by brothers Matt and Mark Hall who used to organise Nerf parties for children.
Matt, from Weston, said: "It went really well, we had lots of happy people.
"We had about 120 people throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"We do a few games with the children, then for the last 10-15 minutes we do an all-out battle where everybody shoots at everybody.
"We get the parents up and get them involved and they love it."
The next event is taking place at Winterstoke Academy, in Beaufighter Road. For more details, visit www.justnerf.co.uk
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence