Nerf warfare at Weston indoor battlefield event
- Credit: Archant
Excited children armed themselves with blasters and spent an adrenalin-fuelled hour racing around a Nerf battlefield at a Weston-super-Mare school.
The Nerf Ultimate Indoor Battlefield took over Haywood Academy on Sunday and children aged five to 13 enjoyed firing at targets and testing out their skills.
The event is run by brothers Matt and Mark Hall who used to organise Nerf parties for children.
Matt, from Weston, said: "It went really well, we had lots of happy people.
"We had about 120 people throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
"We do a few games with the children, then for the last 10-15 minutes we do an all-out battle where everybody shoots at everybody.
"We get the parents up and get them involved and they love it."
The next event is taking place at Winterstoke Academy, in Beaufighter Road. For more details, visit www.justnerf.co.uk
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 6 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 7 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 8 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine