New Banksy-style artwork spotted
AN URBAN artist whose work has been compared to Banksy has been busy once again.
Last month, a series of thought-provoking graffiti art spotted around Weston led to considerable speculation that infamous Banksy had been to town.
At the time, a Mercury investigation revealed the paintings to be the work of a Weston artist – whose identity remains a secret.
This week, a fresh artwork has appeared near the Captain’s Cabin pub in Birnbeck Road.
The art shows a young boy holding a large bomb – and looking towards the site of the former Royal Pier Hotel, which was burned out and demolished last year.
You may also want to watch:
The artist behind the work said: “I’m not trying to be Banksy, I just want to make people think - and the reaction so far has been very good.”
* What do you think of the Banksy-style graffit? Art - or vandalism? Why not share your views below.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity