Healthwatch wins contract to give more people a voice on services
- Credit: Archant
Healthwatch North Somerset is celebrating after winning the contract to cover Bristol and South Gloucestershire services too.
The new contract will start on October 1 and will mean Healthwatch can continue acting as a voice for residents about health and care services.
Healthwatch North Somerset's strategy manager, Rowan Williams, said: "We are delighted that we will soon be working across three Healthwatch areas and will widen our reach to cover Bristol and South Gloucestershire in addition to North Somerset."
The three services will not be merged and will retain their separate titles and their distinct identities.
There is a Healthwatch in every area in England and its purpose is to find out what people like about services and what could be improved.
You may also want to watch:
Healthwatch has the power to make sure those in charge of health and social care services hear people's voices.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 School to host outdoor open day
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston