New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- Credit: Archant
Former chief reporter Vicky Angear has been appointed as the new editor of the Weston Mercury and North Somerset Times.
Vicky, who has worked for Archant's weekly papers for 13 years, took over the role on February 3 following Tom Wright's departure.
Vicky is thrilled to have been given the role, which was also previously held by her husband Simon Angear from 2014 to 2018.
She said: "I am honoured to have been appointed as editor of the papers I've worked on for more than a decade.
"I have worked with some fantastic editors including Judi Kisiel, Simon Angear and Tom Wright, and I am determined to uphold the papers' excellent reputation.
You may also want to watch:
"I am delighted to be leading a talented team of reporters, who are dedicated to informing and entertaining our readers, whether that's through our weekly paper or online."
Archant's South West group editor Jim Robinson said: "Vicky has been a dedicated and passionate reporter at the Weston Mercury and North Somerset Times for more than a decade.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
"In all the stories she's written over the years, you can see very clearly just how important the local community is for her. We really want to build on and strengthen those ties, and she's the perfect person to do just that."