New vehicle for Weston-super-Mare Coastguard
- Credit: Archant
A life-saving organisation has been gifted a new vehicle to help it respond to incidents on the coast.
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team has had 'hand me down' vehicles for the past 15 years, including a Land Rover Defender, Toyota Hilux and, most recently, a Mitsubishi L200.
The team has been promised a new vehicle for years but the wait is over after their six-year-old truck left for Hartland Coastguard Team with 12,000 miles on the clock.
In its place comes a new L200 white truck, a controversial colour change for the team, with a state-of-the-art roof rack system which pivots to a safe working height.
The emergency lighting is more stream-lined into the body and the interior is more spacious to fit in more coastguard rescue officers.
You may also want to watch:
The new arrival has a number of modern safety features to allow the crew to do their work safely and efficiently.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity