New vehicle for Weston-super-Mare Coastguard
- Credit: Archant
A life-saving organisation has been gifted a new vehicle to help it respond to incidents on the coast.
Weston Coastguard Rescue Team has had 'hand me down' vehicles for the past 15 years, including a Land Rover Defender, Toyota Hilux and, most recently, a Mitsubishi L200.
The team has been promised a new vehicle for years but the wait is over after their six-year-old truck left for Hartland Coastguard Team with 12,000 miles on the clock.
In its place comes a new L200 white truck, a controversial colour change for the team, with a state-of-the-art roof rack system which pivots to a safe working height.
The emergency lighting is more stream-lined into the body and the interior is more spacious to fit in more coastguard rescue officers.
You may also want to watch:
The new arrival has a number of modern safety features to allow the crew to do their work safely and efficiently.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village