New performing arts academy in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Scores of budding stars flocked to the opening of a new performing arts academy on Saturday.
The Pauline Quirke Academy (PQA) has opened up at Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College and young performers were invited in for a free taster session to find out what it is all about.
PQA is run by Weston actress Lydia MacRitchie.
The academy enables children aged four to 18 to gain expert tuition in comedy and drama, musical theatre, film and television.
Lydia said: "I am delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to the young people of my local community where they have access to professional performing arts training, right on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
"To be asked to be principal of PQA Weston is an honour and a privilege and I can't wait to get started."
Students will be involved with productions, showcases, masterclasses and creating short films.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid