New performing arts academy in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Scores of budding stars flocked to the opening of a new performing arts academy on Saturday.
The Pauline Quirke Academy (PQA) has opened up at Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College and young performers were invited in for a free taster session to find out what it is all about.
PQA is run by Weston actress Lydia MacRitchie.
The academy enables children aged four to 18 to gain expert tuition in comedy and drama, musical theatre, film and television.
Lydia said: "I am delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to the young people of my local community where they have access to professional performing arts training, right on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
"To be asked to be principal of PQA Weston is an honour and a privilege and I can't wait to get started."
Students will be involved with productions, showcases, masterclasses and creating short films.
- 1 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 2 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 3 Council urges caution as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 7 NHS to hold extra operations this summer to tackle backlog
- 8 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab