New performing arts academy in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Scores of budding stars flocked to the opening of a new performing arts academy on Saturday.
The Pauline Quirke Academy (PQA) has opened up at Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College and young performers were invited in for a free taster session to find out what it is all about.
PQA is run by Weston actress Lydia MacRitchie.
The academy enables children aged four to 18 to gain expert tuition in comedy and drama, musical theatre, film and television.
Lydia said: "I am delighted to be able to offer this opportunity to the young people of my local community where they have access to professional performing arts training, right on their doorstep.
"To be asked to be principal of PQA Weston is an honour and a privilege and I can't wait to get started."
Students will be involved with productions, showcases, masterclasses and creating short films.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision
- 10 Another weather warning issued for Somerset