Play area unveiled at village primary school
- Credit: Archant
Wrington Primary School pupils were treated to a playground revamp last week.
The equipment was funded by a National Lottery grant and the primary, in School Road, saw it developed quickly for the children to enjoy.
Year one pupils can be seen surrounding the new additions and are joined by their teacher Tracey Jones.
Deputy head at the primary, Corinne Clarke, said: “It only took two days to put together and it was finished earlier than we expected.
“The pupils have been so excited and they absolutely love spending time there already.”
You may also want to watch:
Children’s author CS Clifford will visit the school and is set to hold writing workshops, including reading extracts of his books, on February 28.
The class pictured is made up of 14 girls and 16 boys and they have had a bust few weeks having recently enjoyed a trip to Bristol Zoo to learn about the polar regions.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend