New radio station
BUDDING young DJs will soon be hitting the airwaves when a new radio station is set up in town. To find out more buy this week's Weston & Somerset Merucury………
BUDDING young DJs will soon be hitting the airwaves when a new radio station is set up in town.
Weston Youth Council has been working with Star 107 to start its very own transmissions live from Barcode in South Parade.
Members of a working party, set up to look at how to start the radio station at the youth café, started practising with breakfast show presenter Ian Downs this week.
They popped down to the Star 107 studio in Beaconsfield Road to see how the professionals do it.
You may also want to watch:
Initial plans are to broadcast live from the under-18s facility, via the internet, seven days a week and fill in any gaps with news and information from Star 107.
• Pictured: Ian Downs with young radio supporters.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers