Weston RNLI shop reopens in new base
- Credit: RNLI
Weston RNLI charity shop has reopened in a new site with Christmas cards, calendars and gifts on sale.
The charity shop has moved to the larger, more comfortable Cove site, in Birnbeck Road.
The building, which used to be a restaurant, was acquired by the RNLI last year.
It has been used for crew training and part of it has also been converted into a shop.
The shop sells an extended range of RNLI goods to raise funds for the charity, which is hoping to build a new station on Birnbeck Pier.
It is accessible both from the promenade that runs alongside the Marine Lake as well as from Birnbeck Road, down the steps.
The shop has Covid-secure measures in place and is open from 11am-3pm each day.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 5 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity