Volunteers wanted for SpeedWatch in Locking Castle
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have set up a new Speedwatch scheme in Locking Castle.
It is hoped the initiative will deter drivers from speeding through the estate.
Councillor Sarah Codling said: “Lots of us who live here are concerned at just how fast some people drive around the area which has a 20mph speed limit.
“When residents asked me to help do something about this, I worked with the police to officially assess speeds on The Maltlands in Locking Castle and designate it as a speed enforcement zone.
“We hope our presence on the roadside will remind drivers of the 20mph speed limit and make our roads safer.
“I am grateful to everyone who is helping and I would like to offer particular thanks to Steven Taplin who is a wonderful safety champion and doing a great job coordinating our efforts.”
Anyone interested in volunteering with the group can email Cllr Codling at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend