Volunteers wanted for SpeedWatch in Locking Castle
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have set up a new Speedwatch scheme in Locking Castle.
It is hoped the initiative will deter drivers from speeding through the estate.
Councillor Sarah Codling said: “Lots of us who live here are concerned at just how fast some people drive around the area which has a 20mph speed limit.
“When residents asked me to help do something about this, I worked with the police to officially assess speeds on The Maltlands in Locking Castle and designate it as a speed enforcement zone.
“We hope our presence on the roadside will remind drivers of the 20mph speed limit and make our roads safer.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to everyone who is helping and I would like to offer particular thanks to Steven Taplin who is a wonderful safety champion and doing a great job coordinating our efforts.”
Anyone interested in volunteering with the group can email Cllr Codling at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic