Volunteers wanted for SpeedWatch in Locking Castle
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers have set up a new Speedwatch scheme in Locking Castle.
It is hoped the initiative will deter drivers from speeding through the estate.
Councillor Sarah Codling said: “Lots of us who live here are concerned at just how fast some people drive around the area which has a 20mph speed limit.
“When residents asked me to help do something about this, I worked with the police to officially assess speeds on The Maltlands in Locking Castle and designate it as a speed enforcement zone.
“We hope our presence on the roadside will remind drivers of the 20mph speed limit and make our roads safer.
You may also want to watch:
“I am grateful to everyone who is helping and I would like to offer particular thanks to Steven Taplin who is a wonderful safety champion and doing a great job coordinating our efforts.”
Anyone interested in volunteering with the group can email Cllr Codling at email@example.com
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse