Weston Rotary Club’s latest president announces upcoming charity events
- Credit: Weston Rotary Club
Norma Johnston became the third female president of Weston Rotary Club in late June.
Weston Rotary Club has announced its new president has taken up her post.
Norma Johnston was confirmed as president of the community charity group, becoming the 99th president and just the third female to hold the position.
Her tenure began in late June as she was sworn in over a Zoom video-call meeting among fellow Rotarians, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A Rotarian spokesperson said the newly appointed president presented an ‘exciting plan’ during the video call.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “Norma and her team unveiled an exciting plan for the year ahead.
“Throughout and before the Covid-19 crisis, we have been and will continue to be busy supporting our local community and international projects.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Will garden village be revived?
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Norma expressed how excited she was with the upcoming events that the Rotarians will be putting together. She said: ”I am honoured to be the latest in a long list of individuals helping our community and enjoying the social aspects of a welcoming club.
“During the next year, Rotary members will be taking dozens of Weston school children on a fun day out, hosting a party for some Weston Super Seniors and getting ready for our Charity Christmas Fair. If this sounds interesting, we would love for members of the public to join us!”
For more information on the work carried out by the Weston Rotary Club, visit their website www.westonrotaryclub.org.uk