Fire breaks out at Weston flat
- Credit: Submitted
Firefighters were called to tackle a flat fire which had started in the centre of Weston.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service arrived at Newland Road around 4pm to extinguish a two-storey flat which was ablaze.
A neighbour told the Mercury that plumes of black smoke passed through their window, covering the street before firefighters were called.
A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue confirmed that crews contained the fire quickly and remained on scene to determine the cause.
They said: "The fire affected the first floor flat.
You may also want to watch:
"Crews extinguished the fire by 5.19pm but remained on scene to damp down the area.
"Later in the evening, a fire investigation officer attended the scene to determine the cause of the fire, which was found to be accidental."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 7 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
No one was injured in the fire.