Police confirm no body found in Worle
- Credit: Archant
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has reassured people a teenager did not die in Worle last night (Wednesday) after rumours circulated on social media.
Posts on Facebook alleged a body was discovered in Castle Batch park.
Police confirmed to the Mercury this was not the case and the South Western Ambulance Service had no records of such an incident occurring.
A police spokesman said: “Police are aware of rumours on social media about a concern-for-welfare incident in Castle Batch park in Worle last night.
“Officers have thoroughly looked into this and can confirm neither we, nor the ambulance service, had any calls to Castle Batch park last night.
You may also want to watch:
“Police have identified and contacted the person who made the social media posts.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Carbon neutral art contest aims to provoke change in North Somerset