Council appeals for volunteers to lead group walks in North Somerset
- Credit: North Somerset Council
North Somerset Council needs more volunteers to lead a number of group walks in its healthy lifestyle scheme.
More than 6,000 walkers have joined the initiative, and the council is seeking more people to lead its health walks this year.
The council’s scheme, Walking for Health, has been running for more than 10 years and has 24 groups up-and-running in the area.
Many of the walks take place weekly and have been designed to support people who want to become more active.
People who enjoy the outdoors and those which want to become more active in their spare time are being encouraged to join the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
There are also three Weston-based waking groups in the town.
The council’s next free training day will take place in Clevedon on January 25.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01275 882731.