Election 2019: Candidates make final push for votes
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
With council elections rapidly approaching, the main political parties have made their final pitches for your crucial votes.
North Somerset Council elections will be held on Thursday and a smattering of town and parish council elections are also being held.
Many people will have already decided which candidate they plan to vote for ahead of arriving at the polling station, but in a last pitch for votes all the main parties have been given the chance to submit a short video to impress you.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
UKIP failed to submit a video in time.
There are also a number of independent candidates standing, however, without giving individual candidates preferential treatment we have limited this exercise purely to political groups.
Polling stations will be open from 7am-10pm on Thursday, but for answers to all the key election day questions, click here.