Election 2019: Candidates make final push for votes
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
With council elections rapidly approaching, the main political parties have made their final pitches for your crucial votes.
North Somerset Council elections will be held on Thursday and a smattering of town and parish council elections are also being held.
Many people will have already decided which candidate they plan to vote for ahead of arriving at the polling station, but in a last pitch for votes all the main parties have been given the chance to submit a short video to impress you.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
UKIP failed to submit a video in time.
There are also a number of independent candidates standing, however, without giving individual candidates preferential treatment we have limited this exercise purely to political groups.
Polling stations will be open from 7am-10pm on Thursday, but for answers to all the key election day questions, click here.