Council updates list of sites for housing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A list of areas North Somerset Council is keen to see developed has been updated for 2019.
The guide of brownfield sites is designed to help developers find areas suitable for housing.
The council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “The brownfield register fits with our commitment to delivering housing on previously developed sites in our urban areas, particularly in Weston.
“By delivering homes on brownfield land in town centres, we can reduce the pressure to release greenfield sites in villages.”
Seven sites have been removed from the list because they have been redeveloped, but eight have been added.
You may also want to watch:
There are 63 sites on the register.
Some of the areas are already subject to a planning application or have seen construction begin, such as Yatton’s Prince Of Orange pub where work is underway.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
To view the list, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/residentialland