Council updates list of sites for housing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A list of areas North Somerset Council is keen to see developed has been updated for 2019.
The guide of brownfield sites is designed to help developers find areas suitable for housing.
The council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “The brownfield register fits with our commitment to delivering housing on previously developed sites in our urban areas, particularly in Weston.
“By delivering homes on brownfield land in town centres, we can reduce the pressure to release greenfield sites in villages.”
Seven sites have been removed from the list because they have been redeveloped, but eight have been added.
You may also want to watch:
There are 63 sites on the register.
Some of the areas are already subject to a planning application or have seen construction begin, such as Yatton’s Prince Of Orange pub where work is underway.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
To view the list, visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/residentialland